Light is germ fighting
AirZingTM UV-C fixture for disinfection
UV-C: A proven technology for disinfection
Globalization and increased travel have brought more attention to global public health. Many scientific research institutions and pharmaceutical enterprises are working hard to provide solutions for tackling such challenges. UV-C radiation generated by high-energy UV-C lamps moves at wavelengths between 200-280nm, which is highly effective for disinfecting air and water, as well as destroying harmful microorganisms on surfaces.
With UV-C technology, it is possible to destroy more than 99.9% of all pathogens without the use of harsh chemicals that often come with harmful side effects.
How does UV-C work to destroy most microorganisms?
The cell nucleus of microorganisms (bacteria and viruses) contain thymine, a chemical element of the DNA/RNA. This element absorbs UV-C light at a specific wavelength of 253.7nm and changes to such an extent (formation of thymine dimers) that the cells are no longer capable of multiplying and surviving.
- UV-C (253.7nm) penetrates the cell wall of the microorganisms
- The high energy photons of the UV-C are absorbed by the cell proteins and DNA/RNA
- UV-C damages the protein structure causing metabolic disruption
- DNA/RNA is chemically altered so organisms can no longer replicate
- Because microorganisms are now unable to metabolize and replicate, the UV-C light has effectively and safely disinfected the UV-C workspace area
AirZingTM PRO 5030 UNIV
- Simple, yet high performance fixture
- Cost effective
- Easy to install
- Generates 253.7nm UV-C light, which is ideal for highly effective disinfection
- Proven technology capable of destroying up to 99.9% of microorganisms at recommended exposures
- 30-second delayed start to enhance operational safety
- Safety shutoff feature using IR motion sensor technology
- Ozone-free emissions
- 360° coverage area
- 3-year warranty
This linear fixture can be ceiling or wall mounted with an installation height recommended between 8 and 13ft (2.5 and 4m). The coverage area of one fixture is 129-161ft2 (12-15m2). The workspace should be clear of people and animals during operation.
Recommended exposure times to run fixture if the workspace is:
- <86ft2 (<8m2), 30 minutes
- 86-129ft2 (8-12m2), 45 minutes
- 129-161ft2 (12-15m2), 60 minutes
- 161ft2 (>15m2), multiple fixtures recommended
To reduce exposure times or treat larger spaces, additional fixtures may be used. The layout can be adjusted according to interior design. This product is most effective on surfaces directly exposed to the light; soiled surfaces, porous materials or recessed areas may not be disinfected.Request Application Support
AirZingTM PRO 5030 UNIV can be used in the following application areas:
Note: For safety, this AirZing UV-C fixture should only be operated when the area is unoccupied.
|AirZing™ PRO 5030 UNIV: Brochure||PDF File||2 MB|
|AirZing™ PRO 5030 UNIV: Installation and Safety Manual||PDF File||986 KB|
|AirZing™ PRO 5030 UNIV: Warranty||PDF File||187 KB|
|UV-C PURITEC® HNS® Germicidal Lamps: Product Bulletin||PDF File||1 MB|
|UV-C PURITEC® HNS® Germicidal Lamps: Technical Information||PDF File||925 KB|