Light is germ fighting
AirZingTM UV-C products for disinfection
UV-C: A proven technology for disinfection
Globalization and increased travel have brought more attention to global public health. Many scientific research institutions and pharmaceutical enterprises are working hard to provide solutions for tackling such challenges. UV-C radiation generated by high-energy UV-C lamps moves at wavelengths between 200-280nm, which is highly effective for disinfecting air and water, as well as destroying harmful microorganisms on surfaces.
With UV-C technology, it is possible to destroy more than 99.9% of all pathogens without the use of harsh chemicals that often come with harmful side effects.
How does UV-C work to destroy most microorganisms?
The cell nucleus of microorganisms (bacteria and viruses) contain thymine, a chemical element of the DNA/RNA. This element absorbs UV-C light at a specific wavelength of 253.7nm and changes to such an extent (formation of thymine dimers) that the cells are no longer capable of multiplying and surviving.
- UV-C (253.7nm) penetrates the cell wall of the microorganisms
- The high energy photons of the UV-C are absorbed by the cell proteins and DNA/RNA
- UV-C damages the protein structure causing metabolic disruption
- DNA/RNA is chemically altered so organisms can no longer replicate
- Because microorganisms are now unable to metabolize and replicate, the UV-C light has effectively and safely disinfected the UV-C workspace area
The AirZing UV-Compact offers air purification on-the-go. Whether at home, in the car, or at the office, this portable device helps to disinfect the air around you. Its elegant, yet functional design makes it suitable for any setting and is small enough to take with you wherever you go.
|AirZing UV-Compact Flyer||PDF File||534 KB|
|AirZing UV-Compact: Warranty||
AirZing UV-Compact Warranty
|AirZing UV-Compact: Manual||
AirZing UV-Compact Manual
|UV-C PURITEC® HNS® Germicidal Lamps: Product Bulletin||PDF File||1 MB|
|UV-C PURITEC® HNS® Germicidal Lamps: Technical Information||PDF File||925 KB|