Wireless Area Lighting Control (WALC) Module
Key Features & Benefits
- Control for 0-10V dimmable and fixed output LED drivers/ballasts
- Wireless system can connect to GreenBus II® wired devices to eliminate the need for batteries
- Terminal block for direct sensor connection
- Multi-tech sensors
- Enables wireless control for loads up to 20A
- Customize lighting scenes
- Adjust light levels to respond to variable lighting requirements
- Schedule luminaire group to lower energy use during peak times
- Adjust luminaire group assignments for space layout changes
- Adjust plug load usage1
The Wireless Area Lighting Control (WALC) Module allows a group of luminaires to communicate with the ENCELIUM® EXTEND Wireless Manager or ENCELIUM EDGE™ Lighting Controller over a mesh network based on ZigBee® standards. These individually addressable devices can switch an electrical load up to 20A or a wired zone of multiple luminaires ON or OFF via an integrated high current relay while setting the zone’s overall light level with a 0-10V dimming output wired to the luminaires’ LED drivers or dimming ballasts. The WALC Module’s 0-10V dimming output is fully isolated and suitable for installation as either a NEC Class 2 or Class 1 wiring.
OSRAM offers a Damp-Rated WALC Module1 for installation in locations subject to moderate degrees of moisture. Examples of this type of environment may include basements, parking garages, barns and coldstorage warehouses as well as partially protected locations under canopies, marquees, and porches with open roofs.
Footnotes: 1 Available with ENCELIUM EXTEND Networked Lighting Management System only.