Estimate the photometric performance of color mixing schemes
The ColorCalculator software was developed by OSRAM SYLVANIA to aid designers develop color mixing LED lighting solutions. The ColorCalculator software is a standalone program that allows designers to estimate the photometric performance of color mixing schemes.
Designers can mix standard LEDs and calculate photometry of the resultant light. An optimization function is also available to adjust a design to user specified photometry target.
Alternatively, a user can define a broad range of desired photometric values and a broad range of LEDs and the program will calculate the photometry of all of the possible combinations and write them to a file for the user to review. The user can then see the various tradeoffs available and pick the most appropriate design. Various other features of the software are outlined in the User Guide.
Download Directions for Windows:
- Click the 'Download for Windows' link
- Save the file to any directory on your Windows computer
- Double-click the downloaded file
- Specify the directory where you want the program to be saved
- The program is entirely self-contained and no files need be installed
- Double-click the executable (ColorCalculator.exe) to launch the program
Download Directions for Macintosh:
- Click the 'Download for Macintosh' link
- Save the file to any directory on your Mac OS X computer
- The program runs in X Windows (X11)
- You may need to install the X11 libraries if they are not already installed
- Read the Mac user guide for more details on installation
Limited support for the program is available via e-mail at: