OSRAM is Shaping the Future of Light with New Innovations in IoT, Smart Building Applications and More at LightFair 2018
From retail and manufacturing to bridges and sporting facilities, OSRAM uses visible and invisible light to make everyday life easier
05.07.2018 | Events
Wilmington, MA and Chicago, IL – OSRAM, a global high-tech lighting company, is shaping the future of light with new technologies to be unveiled at LIGHTFAIR International (LFI) 2018, the world’s largest annual architectural and commercial lighting trade show and conference. Osram will launch new smart and connected lighting solutions and retail lighting applications as well as a new intelligent building platform from one of Osram’s recent acquisitions, Digital Lumens. Osram will be located in Booth #1002 at LFI, May 8-10, 2018, at McCormick Place in Chicago.
“From horticulture and human-centric lighting to IoT, the technologies we produce at OSRAM serve a wide range of application areas,” said Grant Wright, CEO, OSRAM Americas Region. “We are at the forefront of our industry, and have proven that we are able to develop products and solutions that meet and exceed our customers’ immediate needs, with an eye on the future to anticipate changing environments. We consistently strive to stay ahead of the curve, developing new technologies to help make everyday life safer and more enjoyable.”
This year at LFI, OSRAM will demonstrate products from Opto Semiconductors (OS), Traxon Technologies and Digital Systems (DS), as well technologies from two of OSRAM’s recent acquisitions, Digital Lumens of Boston and LED Engin of Silicon Valley, California.
- ENCELIUM® EXTEND Networked Light Management System – The ENCELIUM® EXTEND Networked Light Management System (LMS) is an advanced lighting control solution combined with a platform for the Internet of Things (IoT). The ENCELIUM EXTEND Networked LMS enables control of both interior spaces and exterior perimeters of building sites with one comprehensive system and offers advanced energy reporting, data analytics, building automation system integration and web-accessible control. SensiLUM wireless integrated sensors are compatible with the ENCELIUM EXTEND Networked LMS, creating a sensor-rich smart network that customers can leverage as their technology infrastructure for entry into smart building and IoT applications. Existing ENCELIUM Networked LMS sites can be upgraded quickly and easily.
- SensiLUM™ – Digital Systems, a segment of OSRAM Lighting Solutions & Systems which provides technology for the infrastructure that drives smart building applications, has recently announced the first product in the new SensiLUM™ wireless integrated sensor product family. The wireless integrated sensor enables occupancy detection, daylight harvesting and individual or group control of luminaires. Compatible with the ENCELIUM EXTEND Networked Light Management System, it fits into an industry standard ½-inch knockout in any luminaire. SensiLUM sensors offer 0-10V dimming or OSRAM DEXAL™ (Data Exchange (interface) for Advanced Lighting) control options. The DEXAL interface option enables bi-directional communication and power between the driver and the SensiLUM sensor making it ideal for smart building applications that require exact luminaire-specific data, including power consumption, temperature profile, operating hours and diagnostics.
- Einstone Smart Retail SaaS – Einstone is an end-to-end in-store smart mobile marketing solution designed to enhance end-user experience and to provide the client with data analytics tailored to its campaign. As a partner with Swirl Networks, the only retail solution of this type certified by Google, Einstone also provides US clients access into other applications, such as AccuWeather, to enhance retail campaigns. The solution uses unique mobile phone identifiers, not personal information, and a retailer’s app to securely provide campaign analysis through an application programming interface (API) with the retailer’s customer relationship management (CRM) system. This enables the retailer to send personalized push notifications via their retail mobile app to customers as they move throughout the store. The Einstone Smart Retail ecosystem pairs Einstone Bluetooth beacons integrated into luminaires with a state-of-the-art configuration app and a campaign management dashboard, which allow for seamless beacon and sensor inventory management and deployment of retail mobile marketing campaigns across multiple locations. Einstone will be available for demonstrations in the Digital Lighting Systems area of the OSRAM booth.
- LuxiTune™ Tunable White Light Engine – LED Engin, an industry leader in human centric lighting (HCL) solutions, will be showcasing its highly acclaimed family of LuxiTune products for halogen-style Warm Dimming and CCT Tuning in directional luminaires. Designed to deliver high CRI, 2 SDCM color consistent, 1800K-6500K tunable white light tracking the Black Body Locus, LuxiTune can be intuitively controlled with 0-10V, DMX, DALI and BLE.
- Oslon Pure 1010 – From OS, a world leader in the optoelectronics industry, the Oslon Pure 1010 is ideal for spotlights in retail lighting where exceptionally compact LEDs with high light output are needed to illuminate articles on display, like jewelry, in attractive light. The Oslon Pure 1010 prototype delivers the highest flux density currently available on the market and gives lighting designers a high degree of flexibility because of its size and scalability.
- ProPoint Washer Series – Traxon, a global leader in solid state lighting and control systems, will be showcasing their new ProPoint Washer Series, the most complete offering of products for wall wash and flood applications. The ProPoint series was developed to help lighting designers and architects create dynamic and engaging lighting for outdoor applications including building facades, bridges, and sports facilities.
- SiteWorx™ – Digital Lumens, a market leader in intelligent LED lighting and sensor-based smart building applications, has expanded its SiteWorx building intelligence platform with the introduction of two new products, Sense and DLA Micro (DLA-M). Designed for cold and ambient manufacturing, food production and warehousing facilities, Sense tracks and reports on environmental conditions to help customers safeguard product quality, ensure critical code compliance, and improve operational efficiency. The DLA-M, a small lighting control that enables instant SiteWorx compatibility, makes it easier for offices and other environments that require lower mounting heights to implement advanced lighting controls and allows industrial and commercial users to create a smart building network that easily can be upgraded and expanded across their facility, site, or enterprise.
To learn more about OSRAM and these technologies, visit OSRAM at Booth #1002 at LFI 2018, May 8-10, 2018, at McCormick Place in Chicago.
OSRAM, based in Munich, is a leading global high-tech company with a history dating back more than 110 years. Primarily focused on semiconductor-based technologies, our products are used in highly diverse applications ranging from virtual reality to autonomous driving and from smart phones to smart and connected lighting solutions in buildings and cities. OSRAM uses the endless possibilities of light to improve the quality of life for individuals and communities. OSRAM’s innovations enable people all over the world not only to see better, but also to communicate, travel, work and live better. OSRAM has approximately 26,400 employees worldwide as of end of fiscal 2017 (September 30) and generated revenue of more than €4.1 billion. The company is listed on the stock exchanges in Frankfurt and Munich (ISIN: DE000LED4000; WKN: LED400; trading symbol: OSR). Additional information can be found at www.osram.com.
About OSRAM SYLVANIA
OSRAM SYLVANIA is part of OSRAM Americas, a group of OSRAM companies located in North and South America. As a leader in lighting solutions and services specializing in innovative design and energy-saving technology, the company sells products under the brand names OSRAM, Traxon, ENCELIUM and SYLVANIA. The portfolio ranges from high-tech applications based on semiconductor technology, such as infrared or laser lighting, to smart and connected lighting solutions in buildings and cities. The OSRAM SYLVANIA and OSRAM Americas regional headquarters is located in Wilmington, Massachusetts. For more information, follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
OSRAM is a registered trademark of OSRAM GmbH.
ENCELIUM is a registered trademark of OSRAM SYLVANIA Inc.
All other trademarks are those of their respective owners.