OSRAM and SYLVANIA Innovations Driving the Future of Light at LIGHTFAIR International 2016
Smart Lighting Technology for Commercial and Residential Applications Being Showcased
04.18.2016 | CorporateLighting leader OSRAM SYLVANIA is highlighting the latest OSRAM innovations at Booth 3333 and SYLVANIA solutions at Booth 5407 at LIGHTFAIR International 2016, the world’s largest annual architectural and commercial lighting trade show and conference taking place in San Diego, California from April 26 – 28, 2016. A wide range of lighting advancements from the OSRAM family including OSRAM, SYLVANIA, OSRAM Opto Semiconductors, Traxon Technologies, ENCELIUM® and SYLVANIA Lighting Solutions will be at the show.
OSRAM and SYLVANIA lighting technologies on display at LIGHTFAIR include:
- The OSRAM Connected Lighting Module (CLM), a low-voltage control module capable of enabling a standard luminaire to be connected and controllable for smart lighting,
- The SYLVANIA ULTRA HO PAR Lamp, the highest lumen LED PAR lamps in the industry offering comparable lumens and center beam candlepower for metal halide lamps,
- The new TEN binning from OSRAM Opto Semiconductors for unprecedented color consistency from Chip-on-Board (CoB) LEDs for spotlights and downlights,
- The OSRAM PrevaLED® Flat AC LED Light Engines, a high efficacy LED module with integrated driver that delivers up to 120 lumens per watt and has a shallow form factor – less than a 1 inch height – for easy luminaire integration,
- The OSRAM OPTOTRONIC® Indoor 347V Programmable Linear Constant Current Dimmable LED Power Supply for the Canadian market that is programmable with 1mA resolution to perfectly match LED load and maximize performance by an OEM, and compatible with the OSRAM CLM to create an “out of the box” wireless luminaire,
- A full portfolio of SYLVANIA Filament and Vintage LED lamps that offer the incandescent life form factor and illumination, with the energy-saving benefits of LED technology,
- The SYLVANIA LED Troffer Retrofit Kit, the first to market phase-cut dimmable troffer with dimming on both 120V and 277V that allows dimming in existing applications that currently cannot be dimmed,
- And standardized SYLVANIA Over-The-Counter (OTC) Luminaires and the latest in LIGHTIFY® Smart Connected Lighting for the trade and retail market.
“OSRAM is a leader in smart lighting technology. Connectivity and integration is key to the future of lighting, and we will be demonstrating how we are making this a reality at our OSRAM booth,” said Grant Wright, CEO and CFO of OSRAM Americas. “With new technologies and applications from all businesses, OSRAM underlines its technological leadership and its ability to expand into new markets. Our innovation and growth initiatives will make our strategic pillars even more powerful.”
As already communicated, the OSRAM lamps business unit is becoming LEDVANCE and will begin independent business operations after its carve out. The product portfolio will cover traditional lighting, modern LED lamps and standardized OTC luminaires, as well as connected and intelligent lighting solutions for smart homes and buildings.
“As the lighting industry is going through a lot of changes, some fundamentals remain the same. We continue to build on our values by focusing on our leading product range, quality, our very reliable supply chain, and the strength of our solid SYLVANIA brand in North America,” said Jes Munk Hansen, CEO of LEDVANCE. “We will continue our leadership in the lighting industry by investing in the future and staying flexible and adapting to change.”
ABOUT OSRAM SYLVANIA
OSRAM SYLVANIA is part of OSRAM Americas, a group of OSRAM companies located in North and South America. As a leader in lighting solutions and services, specializing in innovative design and energy saving technology, the company sells products for homes, businesses and vehicles under the brand names OSRAM, Traxon, ENCELIUM and SYLVANIA. The company's portfolio covers the entire value chain of components, ranging from lamps, control units and optical semiconductors such as light-emitting diodes (LED) to luminaires, light management systems and lighting solutions. The OSRAM SYLVANIA and OSRAM Americas regional headquarters is located in Wilmington, Massachusetts. For more information, follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
OSRAM, based in Munich, is a globally leading lighting manufacturer with a history dating back more than 100 years. The portfolio ranges from high-tech applications based on semiconductor technology, such as infrared or laser lighting, to smart and connected lighting solutions in buildings and cities. OSRAM had around 33,000 employees worldwide at the end of fiscal 2015 (September 30) and generated revenue of almost €5.6 billion in that fiscal year. The company is listed on the stock exchanges in Frankfurt and Munich (ISIN: DE000LED4000; WKN: LED 400; trading symbol: OSR). Additional information can be found at www.osram.com.
OSRAM and SYLVANIA are trademarks.
All other trademarks are those of their respective owners.