OSRAM Awarded Six Platinum Awards for Design Excellence
ADEX is one of the largest and most prestigious industry recognition programs for design excellence and product innovation in the architecture and design industry.
WILMINGTON, MA – OSRAM, a global high-tech lighting company, today announced that its Digital Lighting Systems group has been recognized with six platinum awards in the 2018 Awards for Design Excellence (ADEX). ADEX is one of the largest and most prestigious industry recognition programs for design excellence and product innovation in the architecture and design industry. The ADEX Awards honor the best product and project designs of the year, as determined by an anonymous panel of professionals representing a cross section of the design industry including facility managers, interior designers and architects.
“We are committed to not only delivering quality solutions to our customers, but also innovative products to the marketplace,” said Tom Shottes, Head of OSRAM Digital Lighting Systems, Americas Region. “To receive recognition from ADEX on six of our newest product offerings proves that the hard work and dedication the OSRAM team puts forth is seen as valuable and is truly making an impact for our customers, as well as raising the standards in our industry.”
Commissioned annually by Design Journal, ADEX recognizes winning entrants at Platinum, Gold and Silver award levels. The following OSRAM Digital Lighting Systems products were honored with ADEX Platinum awards this year:
- OPTOTRONIC® Programmable Emergency LED Driver: A single driver solution that offers the ability to program and customize the light output in both normal and emergency operations. A separate snap-on battery pack with harness, available in slim, linear and compact options, powers emergency lighting in the event of an outage and provides up to 18W in back-up mode. The complete solution reduces the number of components required per emergency luminaire, substantially simplifies in-fixture wiring, and enables OEMs to better tailor their fixtures to application requirements while reducing the number of SKUs they must inventory.
- OPTOTRONIC® Programmable LED Driver with DEXAL™ Technology: A non-proprietary, intra-luminaire interface that enables bi-directional communications between the driver and the fixture-integrated component. It provides exact luminaire-specific data, including diagnostics, to light management systems. Fixture manufacturers can design smart fixtures and streamline the configuration process by leveraging DEXAL as a standard bi-directional communications interface.
- LINEARlight FLEX® Diffuse: Flexible, saturated, homogeneous linear LED modules with the look of neon that is rated for indoor or outdoor use and can be sized onsite. These modules enable designers the freedom to offer subtle accentuation or comfortable ambient lighting in any space, including architecture, furniture or any object where a flexible lighting solution is needed.
- Connected Lighting Module with DEXAL™ Technology: Enables luminaires to be connected to a Light Management System (LMS) based on ZigBee® communication protocols. Individually addressable, the Connected Lighting Module (CLM) allows each luminaire to be independently controlled and configured to best meet the needs of the facility. DEXAL Technology (Data Exchange for Advanced Lighting), is a bi-directional, digital dimming interface between the LED driver and fixture peripherals. It combines low-power delivery to fixture peripherals and communication capability on a single secure digital bus. The CLM DEXAL is a fixture-integrated component that is capable of interfacing with OPTOTRONIC®LED drivers that provide crucial performance data from within the luminaire.
- ENCELIUM EDGE™ Standalone Wireless Light Management System: Enables installers to quickly and easily install, and set up a feature-rich and code-compliant light management system. It is designed for non-residential spaces that seek a code-compliant, energy-saving solution without the complexity of traditional networked light management systems. The ENCELIUM EDGE System is scalable and easily upgradeable to the ENCELIUM® Networked Light Management System via software.
- Wireless Site Lighting Control Module (WSLC): The WSLC extends the capabilities of the ENCELIUM Networked Light Management System to a building’s surroundings or site such as parking lots, pathways and private roadways. It installs on top of a light pole via an ANSI C136.41-compliant, 7-pin twist-lock connector. The WSLC is individually addressable via the ENCELIUM System and can switch luminaires ON/OFF via an integrated high current relay, dim luminaires equipped with 0-10V dimming drivers or ballasts, or DEXAL™ or DALI dimming drivers or ballasts, and has an input for an external occupancy sensor.
For more information about the award-winning OSRMA Digital Lighting Systems product suite, visit: https://www.osram.us/ds. To learn about the latest trends and technologies in smart lighting and emerging smart building applications, visit http://info.osram.us/blog.
OSRAM, based in Munich, is a leading global high-tech company with a history dating back more than 110 years. Primarily focused on semiconductor-based technologies, our products are used in highly diverse applications ranging from virtual reality to autonomous driving and from smart phones to smart and connected lighting solutions in buildings and cities. OSRAM uses the endless possibilities of light to improve the quality of life for individuals and communities. OSRAM’s innovations enable people all over the world not only to see better, but also to communicate, travel, work and live better. OSRAM has approximately 26,400 employees worldwide as of end of fiscal 2017 (September 30) and generated revenue of more than €4.1 billion. The company is listed on the stock exchanges in Frankfurt and Munich (ISIN: DE000LED4000; WKN: LED400; trading symbol: OSR). Additional information can be found at www.osram.com.
About OSRAM SYLVANIA
OSRAM SYLVANIA is part of OSRAM Americas, a group of OSRAM companies located in North and South America. As a leader in lighting solutions and services specializing in innovative design and energy-saving technology, the company sells products under the brand names OSRAM, Traxon, ENCELIUM and SYLVANIA. The portfolio ranges from high-tech applications based on semiconductor technology, such as infrared or laser lighting, to smart and connected lighting solutions in buildings and cities. The OSRAM SYLVANIA and OSRAM Americas regional headquarters is located in Wilmington, Massachusetts. For more information, follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
OSRAM is a registered trademark of OSRAM GmbH.
ENCELIUM is a registered trademark of OSRAM SYLVANIA Inc.
All other trademarks are those of their respective owners.