OSRAM Launches OPTOTRONIC® Intelligent Programmable Compact LED Drivers to Strengthen Commitment to Connected Lighting Market
Next generation offers unprecedented performance and features including auxiliary output voltage, dim-to-off and CA T-24 compliance for retail and office applications
WILMINGTON, MA – OSRAM, a global high-tech lighting company, today announced the launch of its OPTOTRONIC® intelligent programmable compact LED drivers designed to further enable penetration into the growing connected lighting market. Built on decades of global leadership, experience and collaborative R&D efforts in the lighting industry, OSRAM continues its legacy by offering a complete portfolio of indoor and outdoor LED drivers for smart lighting applications.
“OSRAM was the first to introduce mainstream programmable LED drivers for the lighting industry,” said Tom Shottes, Head of Digital Lighting Systems, OSRAM Americas Region. “With the introduction of the OPTOTRONIC programmable LED drivers with auxiliary output, we are proud to continue this tradition of bringing innovative solutions forward to future-proof smart LED lighting systems.”
The new OPTOTRONIC intelligent programmable compact LED drivers now include several key performance upgrades, including:
- Auxiliary Output Voltage Feature (12V/20V/24V)
- With programmable auxiliary DC output, the OPTOTRONIC programmable compact LED drivers now can power fixture-integrated sensors, including occupancy sensors and photocells. This feature eliminates the need to have a separate power supply for each sensor, reducing the number of SKUs and overall cost for the luminaire manufacturer while enabling connectivity.
- Dim-to-Off Feature
- The OSRAM OPTOTRONIC drivers have the inherent capability to turn off when dimmed down below the minimum dimming level.
- CA T-24 Compliant
- The OPTOTRONIC compact drivers comply with the startup time and flicker requirements of CEC (CA T-24).
- Other Features
- This driver series is also UL Class P approved, which allows OEMs to interchange drivers in their luminaire without the need to submit for re-certification. Other integrated programmable features include: true 1% dimmable, LED thermal protection, constant lumen maintenance, end-of-life indication and soft start.
The OPTOTRONIC family of LED drivers feature a complete portfolio of constant current and constant voltage in a variety of electrical configurations and form factors to suit a range of applications. For more product information, please visit www.osram.us/optotronic. And be sure to check out the Digital Systems blog at info.osram.us/blog.
OSRAM, based in Munich, is a leading global high-tech company with a history dating back more than 110 years. Primarily focused on semiconductor-based technologies, our products are used in highly diverse applications ranging from virtual reality to autonomous driving and from smart phones to smart and connected lighting solutions in buildings and cities. OSRAM uses the endless possibilities of light to improve the quality of life for individuals and communities. OSRAM’s innovations enable people all over the world not only to see better, but also to communicate, travel, work and live better. OSRAM has approximately 26,400 employees worldwide as of end of fiscal 2017 (September 30) and generated revenue of more than €4.1 billion. The company is listed on the stock exchanges in Frankfurt and Munich (ISIN: DE000LED4000; WKN: LED400; trading symbol: OSR). Additional information can be found at www.osram.com.
About OSRAM SYLVANIA
OSRAM SYLVANIA is part of OSRAM Americas, a group of OSRAM companies located in North and South America. As a leader in lighting solutions and services specializing in innovative design and energy-saving technology, the company sells products under the brand names OSRAM, Traxon, ENCELIUM and SYLVANIA. The portfolio ranges from high-tech applications based on semiconductor technology, such as infrared or laser lighting, to smart and connected lighting solutions in buildings and cities. The OSRAM SYLVANIA and OSRAM Americas regional headquarters is located in Wilmington, Massachusetts. For more information, follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
OSRAM and OPTOTRONIC are registered trademarks of OSRAM GmbH.
ENCELIUM is a registered trademark of OSRAM SYLVANIA Inc.
All other trademarks are those of their respective owners.